EB-5 Program Supports 355,000 American Jobs, Economic Impact Study Finds

During the two-year fiscal period of 2014-15, the US EB-5 program accounted for some $11 billion in capital investments in the US and supported 355,200 jobs or about 6% of all private-sector employment growth during the period, finds a study.

Prepared by Economic & Policy Resources Inc., and co-sponsored by EB-5 industry advocacy groups IIUSA and the EB-5 Industry Coalition, the study further estimated that, during the two-year period, the program had contributed some $23 billion in labor income and added $55 billion (about 3% of the total) to American economic output.

Co-author of the report, Jeffrey Carr, concluded that “economic activity and job creation effects of this scale represent a call to the EB-5 industry and legislative policymakers to take action. Absent that action, the economic contributions quantified in this study will merely represent ‘lost opportunity’ for the U.S. economy. Tens of billions of future foreign investment dollars and hundreds of thousands of new U.S. job opportunities hang in the balance.”

Read also: EB-5 Wait-Times for Vietnamese, Indians Now 6+ Years as Retrogression No Longer Limited to China

The report further provided a rare insight into the distribution of capital investments according to sectors and geographical regions; while 64% of investments fell to the construction sector, the remaining 36% (nearly $4 billion) had entered a diverse cluster of industries that included Architecture & Engineering, Healthcare, Education, Arts & Entertainment, and Manufacturing.

Read also: 450 Chinese EB-5 Investors Sue US Govt. Over 15 Year Wait Times

The Western region of the US was the primary beneficiary of the program in 2014-15, receiving some 38% of the invested capital, while the Northeast, the South, and the Midwest, respectively, benefitted from 35%, 24%, and 3.5% of the $11 billion.

Download the full report below.

Want to know more about the Grenada CIP? To see statistics, recent news, official links, FAQs, approved developments, accredited agents, and more about this program, visit the Grenada CIP Program Page.

Christian Henrik Nesheim AdministratorKeymaster

Christian Henrik Nesheim is the founder and editor of Investment Migration Insider, the #1 magazine – online or offline – for residency and citizenship by investment. He is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, documentary producer, and writer on the subject of investment migration, whose work is cited in the Economist, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes, Newsweek, and Business Insider. Norwegian by birth, Christian has spent the last 16 years in the United States, China, Spain, and Portugal.

follow me