The St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Unit’s (CIU) website has introduced a “blacklisted international marketing agents (IMA)” page to its official website. The page consists of names of IMAs that are now blacklisted.
Note: we have chosen not to link to the CIU’s website as web-browser security indicates it contains malware (see image below).
The accompanying statement reads: “None of the entities listed here are registered International Marketing Agents (IMA) for St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program. Applications received through any Authorized person from these Agents would not be accepted by the Unit.”
The blacklisted IMAs now number 12 companies from four countries; five from Iraq, five from the UAE, one from Canada, and one from Turkey.
In a timely circular issued last week, the CIU clarifies the type of actions that might land an agent on the ignominious list:
The Citizenship by Investment Unit of St. Kitts and Nevis would like to remind agents of the following terms of engagement:
- IMA’s and sub agents are to ensure that there are no advertisements on paper, or social media, that suggests government sanctioned discounts and pricing.
- Any images of the St. Kitts and Nevis passports and scenery must only be used for promotions of the government approved investment options.
- Any exception to the above could lead to an immediate suspension of application submissions.
- The infringing agent could be listed on the CIU website as being black listed.
- Modification of any government issued letters may result in the actions noted above.
- Agents caught misleading the potential client, by proposing one option and providing documentation for another may be subject to the sanctions noted above.
- International Marketing Agents are responsible for the actions of their sub agents. Processes must be in place to ensure that the integrity of the St. Kitts and Nevis programme is maintained and any deviation from these guidelines by sub agents may subject the IMA to actions contained in this notice.
- The Government will take any legal action deemed necessary to protect the integrity of the programme.
To ensure that only legitimate agents are selling our programme, we ask that you refresh your list of sub agents registered with the Unit.
Christian Henrik Nesheim is the founder and editor of Investment Migration Insider, the #1 magazine – online or offline – for residency and citizenship by investment. He is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, documentary producer, and writer on the subject of investment migration, whose work is cited in the Economist, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes, Newsweek, and Business Insider. Norwegian by birth, Christian has spent the last 14 years in the United States, China, and Spain.