- Grenada is located at the southern end of the Caribbean chain of Islands known as the Windward Islands
- Idyllic climate with year-round cool ocean breezes and a mean temperature of 29° Celsius
- Located outside the hurricane belt
- Grenada is a Safe, unspoilt tourism destination and the people are warm and friendly
- Grenada has a strong economy and the tourism industry recently registered record growth
- Home to St. George’s University, one of the world’s largest American accredited medical schools
- Convenient travel with daily direct flights from a number of major cities
Grenada CBI benefits:
- Citizenships are processed fast – approximately 150 days
- Government citizenship fees for families are low – for a family of four, the main Government fee is just US$50,000 plus minor government due diligence and processing fees
- No interview, education, language test or management experience is required
- No residency requirements and dual citizenship is permitted
- Grenadian citizenship offers visa free travel to more than 140 countries including China, Russia, the Schengen States, UK and Singapore
- Grenada has source-based taxation: tax residents are not subject to Grenadian tax on their worldwide income, wealth, gift, inheritance or capital gains
- unmarried dependent siblings of the Principal Applicant and his/her spouse can be included, as well as unmarried children under the age of 30 and dependent parents & grandparents under the age of 55
- Ability to sell after 5 years and secondary purchasers of Real Estate can qualify for CBI
- New citizens who take up residence, after one year can benefit from up to 90% discount for undergrad courses at St. George’s University
- Grenada is an E-2 visa treaty country with the USA
Grenada CBI Application process
STEP 1 – APPLICANT APPOINTS AGENT
Agent assists the Applicant in preparing the application form and supporting documents for the submission to the CBI Unit (CIU) in Grenada.
STEP 2 – COMPLETE OFFICIAL FORMS
Applicant prepares CBI Application with IMA’s guidance.
STEP 3 – EXECUTE PSA & MAKE INITIAL PAYMENTS
If Section 11, Applicant or Investor signs Purchase & Sale Agreement (PSA) and pays the deposit. Applicant then wires deposit and initial fees to Agent.
STEP 4 – SUBMISSION TO CBI & PROCESSING
Agent vets CBI application, submits to CBI unit (CIU) and liaises with CIU on any queries. Approximately 90 day processing by CIU. No Applicant interview required.
STEP 5 – CIU DECISION
CIU makes recommendation on application to Cabinet who decides. CIU advises Agent who advises Applicant of outcome.
STEP 6 – GOVERNMENT FEES & PROPERTY PURCHASE
On approval, Applicant pays balance of government fees and property purchase price to Agent. Oath of Allegiance taken.
STEP 7 – CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION & PASSPORT
Approximately 30 days after receipt of funds CIU issues certificate of registration and passports.
USA E-2 Investor Visa
The E-2 investor visa allows a successful applicant to enter and work in the USA based on an investment they control there. The investment must be “substantial” with no set minimum. E-2 investor visas are available only to citizens of certain countries that have a bilateral investor visa treaty with the USA
- Grenada is the only country in the Caribbean that has an active CBI programme and whose citizens are eligible for the USA E-2 Investor Visa
- If granted, the visa is valid for 5 years, and can be renewed without limit, provided that the underlying investment still qualifies
- Application directly at a US consulate
- Spouse of E-2 applicant has open market employment opportunity
- Children (under the age of 21) of E-2 applicant can attend school in the USA and are eligible for in-state tuition, in most states
- Processing time for E-2 visa is usually two months or less
- E-2 applicant and family members can spend as much or as little time in the US as they wish
- E-2 visa holders can reside in the US while their permanent residence (EB-5) applications are pending