Nomad Capitalist is looking to hire a management trainee, and I want to see if you or someone you know is interested.
For most of you, this won’t be worth considering.
But for the right person, this is a great opportunity to train at altitude and learn from the most visible global citizenship company in the world.
Here’s the deal:
In the last year, our team has nearly quadrupled. We now have 14 core team members working here, please a handful of outsourced positions.
With that growth has come a problem: management.
We have teams ranging from operations, to R&D, to marketing, to sales, to business and finance; all of those need to be managed.
As I learned running businesses in the United States, there’s a difficult period that comes in the murky area between “start-up” and “big business”.
The other day, I recall a conversation with two brothers whose business I bought way back in 2011… at a fraction of what it was worth. I quickly folded into my company, which I sold for a huge profit barely a year later.
Those brothers get caught in the “dangerous middle” and had to sell at any cost.
I’m determined to avoid that dangerous middle at all costs.
So here’s what I’m doing:
I’m planning to hire one or two excellent management trainees who can come in, take our vision, and execute on it.
I’m not looking for interns.
Nor I am looking for a veteran CEO.
I’m looking for one or two passionate people who can hit the ground running with a no-BS, no-excuses philosophy and cross stuff off the to-do list.
This is a one-year training program with longer-term potential.
You’ll be based in one place but traveling between the various places we do business as necessary to get the job done. That makes this a great opportunity for someone who wants to move overseas, but feels they can’t move overseas because they don’t have an income.
If you’d like the chance to train and learn from Nomad Capitalist for the next year
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- An action taker – Not just someone who says “I’m an action taker”, but someone who is willing to sell their stuff and get on a plane
- Willing to learn – You will learn a lot about running a business from a team that has started a collective eight businesses worth tens of millions
- Someone agreeable – I view kind people as kind, not weak, and expect you to operate the same way
- Corporate experience – I’ve never had a “real job” in my adult life, so I need someone who can help fill in those gaps
Here’s what I’m offering:
- The opportunity to live overseas in an emerging world environment
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic team of people from around the world
- The opportunity to learn directly from Nomad Capitalist
- An excellent local salary to “live like a king” locally
- Access to everything that being associated with Nomad Capitalist has to offer
My team and I will be investing a substantial amount of time in helping you learn and grow, and in return we’ll be paying an amazing wage for living in eastern Europe… and an average wage where you’re probably from.
Final pay will be determined for the right person based on their specific experience and – as capitalism dictates – on how much value they can bring to the team.
If you’re interested, here’s what to do:
Send an email to email@example.com with:
- A PDF copy of your current CV or resume, AND
- A letter introducing yourself and why you want to work with us, OR
- A link to a Youtube video introducing youself
We’ll be accepting submissions through July 1 and making decisions by August 1, so feel free to share this with a friend who may be interested.
I look forward to hearing from you.